Here is the video:
That was with Martin Splitt of Google and guest Suz Hinton Cloud Developer Advocate at Microsoft.
Here is the description from the video:
- What is – and what is not – Googlebot (crawling, indexing, ranking) (1:02)
- Does Googlebot behave like a web browser? (3:33)
- How often does Googlebot crawl, how much does it crawl, and how much can a server bear? (4:03)
- How do you tell that it’s Googlebot visiting your site? (11:12)
- The difference between mobile-first indexing and mobile friendliness (12:28)
- Quality indicators for ranking (13:35)
Documentation mentioned in this episode:
- What Crawl Budget Means for Googlebot → https://goo.gle/crawl-budget
- Google crawlers (user agents) – see which robots Google uses to crawl the web → https://goo.gle/googlebot-useragents
- Implement dynamic rendering → https://goo.gle/dynamic-rendering
- Prepare for mobile-first indexing → https://goo.gle/mobile-first-indexing
It was a fun watch but for most of the readers here, you won’t be learning anything new…
Forum discussion at Twitter.